RSS

Upcoming: South East Asia

30 Jan

So now it is also time for me to finally visit one of the world’s most visited area:
South East Asia! Even though I am not really looking forward to the tourists masses in some places like Thailand, I did find some really great off-the-beaten-path locations as well and am looking very much forward to this trip now. I am already in Malaysia and will fly into Australia around mid June. Check out this post with my timeline and see if you want to join somewhere along the way!

January 25th: Malaysia
February 6th: Singapore
February 8th: Thailand
February 22nd: Cambodia
March 9th: Vietnam (South)
March 13th: Myanmar
April 4th: Laos
April 21st: Vietnam (North)
  May 7th: Brunei
May 13th: Malaysia
May 16th: Indonesia
June  14th: East Timor
June  20th: Australia

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
If you are interested in joining me for this trip, please check out the About Me section to get to know me a bit better first. Also head over to my Travel Report or Photography pages to read about my previous trips if you like to get more info!

6 Comments

Posted by on 30th January 2017 in News, Upcoming

Tags:

6 responses to “Upcoming: South East Asia

1. Flo

30th January 2017 at 08:56

I just moved back from South East Asia after living there for several years. I was on the road quite often, always looking for places of the beaten path (incl East Timor). I’ve compiled my experiences on my blog, maybe that’s useful for you. Feel free to reach out via email or VFT (flo.e) if you need info on a specific destination. Enjoy!

2. Rahma

5th February 2017 at 16:42

Hi Chris,

Im Rahma from Indonesia, living at Jakarta city, 32 yo too and working as Recruiter. I read already your plan for travel this year and my plan is almost same like you, will be in Aussie starting on 23rd of June, starting to Perth, Melbourne and Sydney, my flight back at 30 of June. Maybe we can meet over there if you have same schedule at that time. Welcome to Indonesia on May, hope to see you in Aussie!

Rahma

3. Chris

7th February 2017 at 04:46

You are only in Australia for 1 week? wow 🙂 I feel like having no time at all with my 3 months hehe.

4. Alda

7th March 2017 at 01:45

Hey, saw yr note on couchsurf. Have you planned out yr Myanmar trip? Thinking about going there on the last week of Mar, to Rangoon, Mandalay and Bagan. Feel free to ask if you have any question about Indo or Bali (where I live). Cheers.

5. nia

14th March 2017 at 03:00

M living in bali. Perhaps we could meet and share the beers when u r here!
    Nia

6. petty

14th March 2017 at 05:17

Hai Chris,

Quite long stop in Indonesia (a month) even i don’t think so will enough, well never enough to explore. end of May will began ramadan festive (fasting month for muslim) nothing bad just people more quite 🙂 anyway, i suggest you start your trip from sumatra (Medan) which is close from Penang (Malaysia). there is national park of Leuser in north sumatra. padang, belitung, lampung, java, bali, lombok then east timor.

just email me for advise

Cheers